Dr. Geetha Jayaram
Dr. Geetha Jayaram is the District Governor for District 7620 for 21-22. A past Rotaractor and recipient of a 2005-06 Rotary Grant for University Teachers, she is a Professor of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins Schools of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing. In 1997, from the Rotary Clubs of Columbia, & Howard West, Dr. Jayaram founded the Maanasi Clinic in Mugalur, Karnataka, India. She has volunteered for National Immunization Days for eradicating polio in India several times.
She started 2 Rotaract clubs & her current Rotary club of Howard West; increased membership in Rotary; taught as facilitator for the Rotary Leadership institute; lectured at many Rotary District Conferences and Zone institutes throughout North America, Asia and Europe. She has procured over 20 grants for domestic and international Rotary work amounting to several million dollars.
- Charter member Rotaract Club of Bangalore, 1968
- President of The Columbia Rotary Club & Best President for District with 7 awards
- District Conference Emcee 2010
- Service Above Self Award 2012
- Honored by the WHO in 2013 for a low cost model for psychiatric care in low and middle income countries
- Global Alumnus Service to Humanity Award for Zone 33 in 2012, 2013, and winner for Rotary International 2014 given to one person in the world
- Honored by the World Bank in 2018 at the International Women’s Day celebration
With over 100 articles, book chapters and 3 books published, help us welcome Presidents Representative Dr. Geetha Jayaram.